The U.S. Census Bureau will deliver the Public Law 94-171 redistricting data to all states by Sept. 30, 2021.
This announcement directly will impact all government entities (counties, cities, towns) that have ‘single member’ districts. Government organizations, through their charters, are required to revisit their existing district boundaries using the latest Census data
Empire Consultants know the challenges of ‘redrawing’ legislative boundaries. While many government entities have the ability to complete this process internally, many government entities want to avoid politicization of this important process. This is where we come in. Empire Consultants Redistricting Team has developed hundreds of redistricting plans and district boundary reviews at multiple levels of government.
Empire Consultants redistricting and boundary review process services utilizes ‘best available data’ and collaborative technology tools for plan creation, management, visualization, editing, and collaboration.
We utilize specialized GIS and redistricting tools to evaluate the validity of the existing district boundaries as well as develop new redistricting options that improve population equality across districts, strengthen communities of interest, and ensure both compactness and contiguity.
Most importantly, with our 30+ years of experience in demography, GIS, planning and redistricting services, we understand how equally important ‘the people aspect’ is when it comes to accountability and transparency.
We have had local governments that required the redistricting process complete their process within a 30-45 day window, while making the process transparent to their constituents. With our help, these local governments were able to meet their pressing deadlines. Our experienced team utilizes analytical processes to ensure your redistricting initiative is transparent, accountable, collaborative, data-driven, and complies with all federal, state, and local regulations.
Types of Services:
- Redistricting Plan Services
- Web-based Redistricting Services
- Demographic Services
- District Boundary Review Assessments & Adjustments
- At-large to Single-Member District Migration
- Redistricting Training for Elected Official and Local Government Staff
- Community Outreach & Engagement Training
FLORIDA REDISTRICTING CLIENTS
Our Redistricting Team has over 30 years of experience with the following clients:
- Town of Davie (1994 -1997 – 2000 – 2003- 2006 – 2012 – 2017)
- City of Deerfield Beach Redistricting (2012 – 2016 – 2021)
- Southwest Ranches (2000 – 2011 – 2021)
- City of Deerfield Beach 2020 US Census Boundary Suggestion Program (2018)
- City of Parkland 2020 US Census Boundary Suggestion Program (2018
- City of Parkland (2011 – 2014 – 2017)
- City of North Port Redistricting (2014)
- Palm Beach County Commission (2001)
- Broward County Commission (1999)
- Broward County School Board (1999)
- Pembroke Pines (1999, 1994-95)
- City of Hollywood (1999)